- Advocates for public policies and programs that advance the interests of the Society’s members, patients and their families.
- Gives voice to those interests before the U.S. Congress, federal agencies, national regulatory groups, and voluntary health organizations.
- Represents the interests of the Society, patients and their families in coalition with like-minded organizations before the U.S. Congress and federal agencies
- Serves as the Society’s public eyes and ears by gathering, analyzing and disseminating information on public policy issues pertinent to the practice of pediatric nephrology.
- Provides advice and counsel in the development and evaluation of the Society’s formal positions, initiatives and responses pertaining to public policy.
- Works cooperatively with other Society committees and task forces in the development and promotion of public policies and initiatives relevant to the charges of those committees and task forces.
The Public Policy Committee shall consist of 3 Council appointed Chairs (1 Chair & 2 Co-Chairs) not on Council, a Council Liaison, volunteer members and the Washington Representative. Chairs will serve 3 year staggered terms. Terms may be renewable at the discretion of the Council.
ASPN Advocacy Materials
Statement Opposing White House Immigration Proclamation
Committee Leadership Resources
Click here to access.