- Identifies issues relevant to contemporary clinical care of children with kidney disease to share with both the APP-SIG membership and the medical community at large.
- Assess the educational needs of the APP SIG membership.
- Assess ongoing efforts by other ASPN committees related to member education, including the success of these efforts in meeting the members’ needs.
- Actively assist our APN colleagues to develop and grow professionally
- Serves as liaison to other professional groups and organizations developing clinical guidelines or consensus statements impacting care of children with kidney disease.
- Serves as liaison to the APP-SIG in developing educational materials about pediatric kidney disease for both new and experienced nephrology APPs.
- Works in collaboration with the Multidisciplinary Planning Committee to develop sessions focused on issues relevant to the clinical practice of pediatric nephrology.
The Advanced Practice Providers (APP) Special Interest Group (SIG) shall consist of 3 Council appointed Chairs (1 Chair & 2 Co-Chairs) not on Council, a Council Liaison and volunteer members. The Chair serves for a year then is replaced by the first Co-Chair. A new Co-Chair comes on each year so the total time served ends up being 3 years. Terms may be renewable at the discretion of the Council. Selection of the Chair positions should consider expertise in practice management and/or expertise in nephrology.
Total time served is 3 years